Responsive Web Design – what is it and why is it so important?
Responsive web design is a way of designing web pages. Its main assumption is that the created site will be responsive to width changes of the screen on which it is viewed. The site intelligently adjusts the distribution of individual elements to ensure the correct display of the website’s content no matter what device is used.
How does Responsive Web Design (RWD) work?
Why choose Responsive Web Design?
The development of mobile technology necessitates responsive web design. Falling prices and popularisation of smartphones and tablets has led to changes in the way we use the Internet. Today, a growing crowd of users use tablets or their smartphones to browse the internet at home or on the street. Therefore an entrepreneur, who cares for the largest number of potential customers needs to create his comapany’s website using responsive solutions. This technology provide a competitive advantage compared to companies whose websites impede access to information. Providing users with easy navigation on all devices is a basic key to success.
The Benefits of Responsive Web Design:
- Pages are tailored to each device;
- Navigation elements facilitate the use of the site on devices with touch screens;
- No separate/ additional versions of your site needed for mobile devices;
- Exceptional flexibility;
- Ease of use thanks to the optimised navigation on different devices;
- SEO service is performed once for the different “versions” of the website;
- Provides service at the same url address which helps users to share and link.